This years’ YCG Satellite Meeting at the BCA Spring Meeting sees a number of committee positions opening up as members are finishing out their two year terms. The following positions are now open for nominations.
Chair (Sam Horrell stepping down)
- Liaison to the BCA council and management of the group at large
Secretary/Treasurer (Elliot Carrington stepping down)
- Handles the groups finances, takes minutes at meetings etc
Chemical Crystallography Group Representative (Claire Hobday stepping down)
- Represents the specific interests of young crystallographers in Chemical Crystallography
Physical Crystallography Group Representative (Charlotte Kirk stepping down)
- Represents the specific interests of young crystallographers in Physical Crystallography
Industrial Crystallography Group Representative (Alex Cousen stepping down)
- Represents the specific interests of young crystallographers in Industrial Crystallography
Ordinary Member (Genevieve Baker stepping down)
- Generally helpful person whenever they are needed
If you are interesting in working as part of the YCG committee to represent the interests of young crystallographers to the BCA and help in planning the YCG Satellite meeting along with education and outreach events in any of the above roles please contact the current chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) and secretary (email@example.com). Nominated persons will be voted on at the YCG annual general meeting at the BCA Spring Meeting in Warwick. If you are unable to attend a member of the committee can read out a preprepared statement on your behalf.
I look forward to seeing you all at the YCG meeting in March, watch this space for further updates on the meeting.