HERCULES is a European course for PhD students and young researchers using Neutrons and Synchrotron Radiation for applications in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Hard & Soft Condensed Matter.
The 1-month school (18th March to 19th April, 2019) includes lectures (60%), hands-on practicals and tutorials at partner institutes (DESY and the European XFEL in Hamburg, Germany, Elettra and FERMI in Trieste, Italy, ESRF, ILL in Grenoble in Paris-Saclay, PSI in Villigen, Switzerland, Soleil and LLB) and Grenoble Laboratories (CEA, CNRS, EMBL, IBS).
The school includes a common part and two parallel sessions:
– Applications to Biomolecular, Soft Condensed matter Structure and Dynamics
– Applications to Physics and Chemistry of Condensed Matter
– A limited number of bursaries will be available either to reduce registration fees or cover travel costs.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 15 October, 2018
• Hercules website: http://hercules-school.eu/
• Contact email: [email protected]
The Industrial Group of the British Crystallography Association and the CCP-NC are happy to announce a joint meeting entitled “Holistic Approaches to Structural Characterisation” on the 13-14th November (mid-morning to lunchtime), in Durham.
The meeting will focus on presenting NMR crystallography (particularly of small molecule organics) to crystallographers working in industry, as well as providing opportunities for crystallographers to explain the challenges they face. It should be an excellent opportunity to establish new contacts.
For more information look Here, and to register follow the link Here.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Registration is now live for this year’s BCA CCG Autumn meeting at Queen’s University Belfast on 31st October 2018.
This year’s meeting will be focused on the topic of “Chemical Crystallography @ Central Facilities”. Register here for this exciting one-day meeting!
Opportunities for student and ECR attendees:
- Student poster session. This year’s meeting will include a lunchtime student poster session, ensuring lots of opportunities for student to get experience of presenting their research in a friendly atmosphere. Student attendees who wish to present a poster during the lunchtime poster session should email their poster title to Katharina Edkins ([email protected]) no later than 5pm on 26th October 2018.
- Early Career travel bursaries. Thanks to our fantastic meeting sponsors, there will be the opportunity for early-career researchers presenting at the meeting to receive a small bursary contribution towards their travel expenses. Please contact Katharina Edkins ([email protected]) for further information.
With a strong variety of talks from scientists working with Central Facilities across the UK, Europe and the USA in areas including synchrotron, neutron, laser spectroscopy and computational research, the meeting will be of broad interest for researchers and students in Chemical Crystallography.
There will also be a lunchtime poster session and prizes with plenty of opportunities for student participation and networking.
Attending ECM31 in Oviedo this summer? Then come along to the European Young Crystallographers satellite meeting!
At this event, early career researchers will have the opportunity to present their work and socialise with their peers in an informal and friendly environment.
Oral and poster presentations from all aspects of crystallography will ensure that there is something for everyone’s interests!
Where: ECM31 venue.
When: 22 August, 2018
Registration: The registration fee is 20 €. Please login the user area using your ECM31 account (e-mail address and password) to register for this satellite.
Contact: For inquiries contact Andrew Maloney, [email protected]
Save the date! the BCA Industrial Group Autumn Meeting on the ‘Holistic approaches to structural characterisation’ will take place on the 13th – 14th November, 2018 at Durham University.
This Could Be You! If you would like to be a part of Meet the YCG please get in touch, we post every week a short interview from members of the YCG. This week we introduce out newly elected Ordinary member Stephen Dodsworth.
PhD Student (First Year) at The University of Sheffield/Diamond Light Source
This Could Be You! If you would like to be a part of Meet the YCG please get in touch, we post every week a short interview from members of the YCG. This week we introduce out newly elected Secretary/Treasurer Tom Roseveare.
PhD student at The University of Sheffield and Secretary/Treasurer of the YCG
Now is time to introduce Matt Reeves! Matt sits on the committee as an ordinary member working with both the University of Edinburgh and the CCDC.
PhD Student, The University of Edinburgh
This week we introduce out newly elected Physical Crystallography Group (PCG) representative George Sackman.
PhD researcher at the University of Oxford
Fresh from BCA18 we have the pleasure to introduce now members of the YCG Committee. This week is Hamish Yeung who takes over the role of Chemical Crystallography Group (CCG) Representative.
Glasstone Research Fellow in the Inorganic Chemistry Laboratory, University of Oxford